Demolition is nearly complete for the West End Synagogue sanctuary renovation. MZA's Lesley Beeman captured these dusty rays of light during a recent site visit.

The West End Synagogue was originally built in 1950 and was designed by architect Percival Goodman (1904-1989), an innovator and theorist who advocated for modern architecture rather than traditional styles for new synagogues. Over the course of this career, he was the most prolific designer of synagogues in the country.

We're excited to play a role in the building's next phase and pleased to help preserve its history.